In an era of constantly changing technology and increasing risks, security – both physical and digital – is a critical need for today’s commercial real estate (CRE) properties. This is especially true with the rise of mixed-use buildings and their complex demands.
For example, more and more CRE managers/owners looking to grow occupancy levels are considering combining work, shopping, and life spaces. This type of property will appeal to their tenants’ growing demand for time-saving services. Others are improving their “smart building” capabilities, with the goal of conserving energy, improving building efficiency, and delivering more comfortable experiences for occupants.
Each of these new opportunities creates its own unique challenges that must be addressed by a specific blend of modern security solutions.
Differentiators Built Around Secure Experiences
Whether you’re a CRE adding time-saving services or smart building sophistication, weigh offering competitive differentiators to assure your occupants’ safety. These include features such as:
- State-of-the-art camera systems providing thorough surveillance of key areas
- Centralized security monitoring and management solutions
- Embedded “smart” sensors to detect intrusion, smoke, noise, etc.
- Digital-enabled access points through the building
- Integrated physical security with commercial digital computer systems
- Analytic security applications that detect problems proactively
To stay current and remain competitive, commercial real estate and property management companies certainly have a lot to master and manage. The combination of strict building codes and system maintenance, along with the challenges of staying current with high-tech security and life safety solutions, can overwhelm building managers. However, adopting security best practices, both physical and cyber, must be a top priority.
So how do you simplify all of this complexity? This is where a security provider is especially useful: It can offer personalized security solutions that are the safest, most effective choices to meet your unique requirements. In the end, mitigating high-risk threats and adapting to changing technology are essential practices to remain competitive — and to protect your building, its occupants, and their physical or intellectual property.
- Discover how to protect your CRE and future-proof your video surveillance technology.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay informed about the latest security news and insights.
- Stay up to date on security topics, such as home alarm systems, business security systems, video surveillance systems, IP video networks, remote video monitoring, fire alarm systems, and fire alarm inspection.
- Request a free evaluation from American Alarm’s security experts.