Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Central Station OperatorArlington, MA
We are in the business of protecting people’s lives and property, so we understand our customers want and need access to American Alarm’s talent and technology at any time. That’s why our telephones are always answered by real people: highly-trained, and empowered members of our Central Station team supporting our customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also have senior technical and management staff accessible by telephone for customers all day, every day.
The nerve-center of our operation is our expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. It has been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
Operators are industry-trained and certified; equipped to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, emergency, medical or environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds.
American Alarm’s goals for the decades ahead remain simple: to provide safety and security for its customers, and to be the best in technology and customer satisfaction.
A security systems industry leader, has an exciting growth opportunity for Central Station Operators in our Security Command Center located in our Arlington, Massachusetts headquarters.
We are seeking motivated, enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety to our customer’s by responding to alarm signals in our state-of-the-art call center.
Skills needed are superior customer service, data entry, verbal communications, attention to detail, quality focus, able to multi-task and ability to problem solve.
Please reference your shift preference Full-time days, evenings or overnights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling.
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability”
Inventory Specialistmultiple locations
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking an Inventory Specialist to join our Atlas Alarm team in Weymouth, Massachusetts and our Advanced Signal team in Randolph, Massachusetts. Please specify your location of choice.
Since 1971, we have been providing the best possible security technology and customer service to protect homes and businesses across New England. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join our team!
Summary of duties and responsibilities: Responsible for purchasing material for stock and customer orders and coordinates the handling of job-related materials including creating purchase orders, daily shipping and receiving duties. Updates inventory information system to maintain accurate inventory. Follow up on manufacturer ship dates, invoice approvals and processing equipment returns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling installations for our customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner for our Weymouth location.
- Obtain manufacturer’s shipping schedule on all equipment ordered and relay to job schedulers and sales staff.
- Open crates, boxes, or other containers using hand tools to unpack items received. Inspect and note any damage, defect, or discrepancies.
- Move inventory items to various locations manually or by operating mechanical equipment.
- Read and fill requisitions for stock items. Verify accuracy of orders pulled. Issue purchase orders for job related equipment.
- Resolve any problems that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, quantity or cost of purchased goods and services.
- Performs periodic inventory counts for warehouse and vehicles * Assists with year-end inventory count
- Assist schedulers with vehicle fleet responsible for scheduling maintenance, towing, and timely repairs as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, have superior math and critical thinking skills and proficient with software buying systems. Individual must have good communication skills, self-starter and the ability to perform and complete high quality work. Must be able to lift and move up to 70 pounds. High school degree or equivalent.
We offer a generous benefits package: Medical, Dental, 401k with company match, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Profit Sharing and Vacation/Personal time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability. (For more information about the company see www.americanalarm.)
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Inventory Clerk: 2 years
Accounts Receivable AdministratorArlington, MA
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking an individual to join our Accounting Department part-time. The hours for this position will be 9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Duties include but are not limited to the following: process customer credits, enter and post cash receipts batches, daily credit card reconciliations. Serve as back-up for other billing and cash functions. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
• Apply customer payments received from various bank accounts via ACH and Wire on a daily basis
• Apply customer payments for branches and acquisitions; maintain accurate records for future reference
• Daily posting of all cash batches to correct bank codes
• Assist with reconciling BluePay credit card transactions with ISM transactions on a daily and monthly basis
• Make trips to bank to deposit checks as needed
• Write off small balances on customer accounts per spreadsheet
• Make follow-up phone calls to customers if needed.
• Provide back up for Cash Applications Admin during vacations and absences.
• Provide back up for monthly recurring customer credit card/ACH payments processing.
• Accurate and timely processing of customer credit memos
• Assist with installation and contract billing
• Assist Client Relations team with customer account reconciliations
• Provide back up for monthly recurring invoices & statements
• Sort and distribute incoming mail on a daily basis
• Keep track of Client Relations stipends and turn into HR for payment
• Assist Accounting Director with special projects
• Serve as backup in Customer Care during peak call times/absences.
• Provide general assistance to Accounting Team as needed.
This position requires a highly responsible team-oriented individual who can work closely with other members doing closely related jobs. Individual must have knowledge of accounting principles, strong computer skills, very strong organizational skills and a proven track record of handling numerous priorities at once. Two to four years of experience in an accounting dept is required; accounts receivable and customer service experience is preferred. Also must be proficient with Microsoft Excel/Word.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability status.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.