Proper commercial security is a necessity for every type of business, whether you’re in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area offering cutting edge therapies or run retail shops on Newbury Street.
However, the specific demands of New England’s big verticals (which include health care, government, and education, to name a few) are all different. Security and protection (which includes environmental and other safeguards) can also vary by region.
New England winters mean snow, potential flooding and power outages, which require different types of monitoring and surveillance, not to mention power backups. Luckily, there are New England-based security vendors/service providers who “get” both the demands of different industries and the unique challenges of the region’s weather and climate.
What’s Your Specific Security Challenge?
Are you in any of the following verticals here in Boston or New England?
- Health care: Hospital and other care facilities (of which New England, Boston in particular, has many) are a special case. Violence against hospital staff has been rising countrywide dramatically — especially in emergency departments. Providers must protect not just patients and personnel, but guard powerful and costly pharmaceuticals, as well as expensive and sensitive medical machinery and solutions. Let’s not forget about cyber-security: Just last August, a jury convicted a man of executing a denial of service attack on Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Education: Any school is at risk of unauthorized intruders. Last fall, parents of students attending a Dorchester charter school were incensed when a woman trespassed in the school and wasn’t arrested until she made a scene. This requires the facilities to be equipped with high definition video surveillance and 24/7 monitoring capabilities.
- Government: Given the tragic circumstances of the Boston Marathon bombing, naturally, local government administrators must remain sensitive to the protection of any public area. Surveillance cameras and systems require special covert installation by professional technicians.
- Retail/restaurant: Close and constant customer service is a must here. Given that retailers will typically have a lot of merchandise on hand, as well as cash, access controls and video surveillance are standard requirements. But don’t forget to have completely hardwired and locked-down information technology systems. Remember, one of the biggest retail data breaches of all time occurred in Framingham, Massachusetts’-based TJX.
No matter what industry you work in, security cannot be underestimated. Whether you need to protect expensive equipment or precious lives, you want a security company that understands your specific needs. Our local teams understand what you need in your neighborhood and our experts understand what you need for your industry.
- Contact us today to learn more about protecting your business.
- Learn more about what business security means to us.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay informed about the latest security news and insight.
- Stay up to date on security topics such as home alarm systems, business security systems, video surveillance systems, IP video networks, remote video monitoring, fire alarm systems, and fire alarm inspection.