Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Call Center OperatorsArlington, MA
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art security call center in Arlington, Massachusetts.
***Please note this is not a security guard position – we are seeking candidates who have Call Center experience.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our current operators have joined us from high end retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
Compensation to start at up to $20.00 per hour or more commensurate with experience.
Our call center operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
*American Alarm is New England’s Trusted Security Company. We are a family-owned business with more than 250 employees in six locations. We offer extensive and ongoing industry training, a full benefits package and numerous incentive plans including profit sharing for employees.
American Alarm was founded in 1971 and provides a full range of security and life-safety systems for all classes of property, from single-family homes to businesses large and small, to major public and historic venues. The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful former military experience and call center associates. In short, if you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Please reference your desired Full-Time working hours – based upon days, evenings or nights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling. We run fixed shifts but will be flexible based upon your needs.
Customer Care RepresentativeArlington, MA
Duties include but are not limited to the following: to assure customer satisfaction by striving for the goal of responding to as many customer telephone inquiries as possible without transferring them to another person and representing the company’s products and services in a clear and positive manner to customers in accordance with American Alarm’s policy. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
- Handle incoming telephone inquiries, continuously improving one’s ability to offer customer immediate, accurate responses and resolutions thereby minimizing transferring of calls and putting customers on hold.
- Respond to customer inquiries and needs, as received by telephone, fax, email or in-person.
- Continuously cross-train and develop improved ability to fulfill customer requests of multiple types and build your skills in performing customer service functions in Central Station, Service Scheduling, and Accounting, including, but not limited to, putting systems “on-test”, changing emergency notification call lists, processing credit card payments, scheduling service calls, helping solve false alarm problems, and more.· Follow through consistently on promises to customers.
- Make outbound customer calls when necessary and as directed, support sales and operations staff with customer-related fulfillment requests.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and company staff, be well organized and detail oriented, develop and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Maintain confidential information related to customer transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment, etc.
- Enthusiastically support the company’s efforts to measure service level quality.
- Document frequently asked questions and “best practice” responses for implementation in developing a company procedure manual with other team members. Procedure manual will aid in the training new and existing team members.
Position requires a versatile, enthusiastic and team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Touch-typing, headset must be worn while performing functions of this position, customer service, or call center experience is a plus.
Desirable education requirements: Associate’s Degree, High School diploma or equivalent work experience. Candidate should be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Senior Sales Administrative AssistantArlington, MA
If you are a whiz at multi-tasking while staying focused on the big picture goals, then we want to hear from you today. We are seeking an enthusiastic, process-focused person to help support one of our sales stars, and to be a team leader for our sales administrative group.
- Work closely with a top sales rep to create quotes, check voicemail, check email and keep things organized.
- Direct other sales administrative staff on projects and workflow as needed.
- Assist with answering sales lead-line and lead generation according to company policies and document in the company enterprise systems known as ISM. Become a super-user and “go to person” for ISM help and proposal software in the sales group.
- Compile data based on research techniques and on statistical compilations involving the alarm industry, policies, and procedures.
- Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested. Perform other support of field reps as required in order to maximize their efficiency e.g. coping contracts, filling out permit applications, status inquires, leads.
- Other tasks as directed by the Marketing and Sales Administration Manager
Experience Required: The successful applicant will have proven work experience as a Sales administrator. Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office is required, as is an understanding of sales performance metrics. This position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and customer service experience. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with a regular work schedule of Monday to Friday. We pay a competitive hourly wage and annual profit sharing bonus. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that includes: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 401k plan with employer matching contributions; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); life insurance, supplemental life and AD&D insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal and holiday time.
Service TechnicianAuburn, MA
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our team in Worcester, MA.
We’ve been in business since 1971 and continue to grow. We’re locally owned, independent company dedicated to the New England market for the long term. Quality and service are the foundation of our business, which is why we retain our customers and our employees for years, often decades.
We offer generous benefits, health insurance, profit sharing, paid time off and a work environment that honors achievement and promotes from within. Apply today and start a career path within a growing stable company.
- Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or Systems Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states. Valid Driver’s License
Fire Alarm System ApprenticeAuburn, MA
We are seeking Fire Alarm System Apprentices and System Apprentices to work from our Auburn, Massachusetts office.
This position will work under the direct supervision of a licensed technician and follows clearly defined written and verbal instructions to perform routine installation, test, inspection and repair of electronic systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists licensed technicians performing routine inspections of fire alarm systems according to clearly written instruction and/or under direct supervision to ensure that system components are operating correctly.
Assists licensed technicians in the installation of fire, intrusion, access and video systems following direction and checking work with licensed technician.
Assists licensed technicians in the performance of basic troubleshooting and repair functions for fire, intrusion, access and video systems and equipment such as mounting, replacing and testing equipment according to specifications; running cable, bending pipes, etc. Performs a limited number of go / no go tests according to written specifications and under supervision to determine cause of system problems. Refers more complex issues to licensed technicians.
Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license, have a means to get to and from a required job site and flexible with travel.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Alarm TechnicianAuburn, MA
We are seeking talented technicians to work from our branch in Auburn, Massachusetts.
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
Alarm TechniciansWeymouth, MA
If you see your future in the security and fire alarm systems industry, then please consider joining the American Alarm team today.
Fire Alarm Design EngineerRandolph, MA
If you are an experienced fire alarm design engineer looking to make a great career move, then we want to hear from you today.
Systems Technician ApprenticesArlington, MA
We are seeking Electrical Systems Apprentices to work from our Arlington, Massachusetts headquarters.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.