Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Security Operations Center OperatorArlington, MA
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art security call center in Arlington.
Please note this is not a security guard position.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our current operators have joined us from retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
***Compensation to start at up to $18.50 per hour or more commensurate with experience.
Our monitoring center operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
*About American Alarm & Communications, Inc.
*American Alarm is New England’s Trusted Security Company. We are a family-owned business with more than 250 employees in six locations. We offer extensive and ongoing industry training, a full benefits package and numerous incentive plans including profit sharing for employees.
American Alarm was founded in 1971 and provides a full range of security and life-safety systems for all classes of property, from single-family homes to businesses large and small, to major public and historic venues. The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful retail experience, call center associates, military (former or actively serving). In short, if you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Please reference your desired Full-Time working hours – based upon days, evenings or nights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling. We run fixed shifts but will be flexible based upon your needs.
Admin Assistant Retention-Inside Customer Service RepArlington, MA
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: Coordinates all clerical functions for the Retention Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, typing, answering phones, filing, word processing, spreadsheets, faxing and database management. The Administrative Assistant must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Retention Specialist/Inside Sales Rep with designated administrative assignments for the Retention Team.
- Data entry and processing of paperwork for canceling clients, resigns, and saves
- Maintain retention spreadsheets
- Handle and resolve customer inquires via telephone, fax, and or email
- Maintain confidential information related to client transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment and installation.
- Assist with answering sales lead-line and scheduling sales appointments according to company policies
- Develop and maintain good relations with clients
- Other duties as assigned by management
This position requires an effective listener/communicator who is also a highly responsible team-oriented individual. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years administrative experience. Prioritizes and plans work activities using time efficiently. Follows policies and procedures and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Desirable education requirements: College degree and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Candidate must be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Service Scheduling SpecialistArlington, MA
Work Schedule – Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Scheduling Specialist duties are: responsible for scheduling service calls, including scheduling technicians for wellness program, customer support and fire inspections. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming service calls, be able to meet customer’s need or resolve any customer issue.
- Coordinate the scheduling of daily service calls, quarterly fire inspections and wellness inspections.
- Dispatch technician to customer related service calls.
- Watch the schedule for changes such as the technician is running late, rush jobs and emergency jobs.
- Follow up phone calls to customers on various mailings and projects.
- Communicate with sales, technical staff and accounting to accommodate the needs of the customer to provide superior customer service.
Position requires a team oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Individual must have proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once while providing superior customer support. Must be proficient in computer skills and detail oriented.
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
Alarm TechnicianWarwick, RI
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for Licensed Technicians!
Branch Operations ManagerWarwick, RI
We are seeking a team-leader with management experience, excellent technical and interpersonal skills, to manage our branch operations in Warwick, RI.
American Alarm and Communications is a comprehensive security systems and life-safety integration and monitoring company, founded in 1971 and growing steadily. This is a great opportunity to advance your management career.
The job: The branch operations manager will oversee all branch departments with a primary focus on quality of installations, tests, inspections and repairs performed at customer sites to ensure the highest standard of quality and safety and the realization of branch financial objectives. You will assign tasks and projects as necessary; review accuracy of completed paperwork and documents; establish and manage budgets for the branch and ensures that staff, costs and deployment are within budget. You will oversee the administration of performance reviews, corrective actions, and hiring of team members for the branch.
General Requirements: Applicants must have an electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the security, life-safety systems or electronics fields. Previous management or supervisory experience is required. Applicants must have knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting and repairing intrusion, fire, access, and video systems including large or complex integrated systems.
Licenses and Certifications: Preferred applicants will have an ESNT Network Certificate, Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or System Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states and a valid drivers license. Candidates must hold or be eligible for Massachusetts Public Safety and U.S. Department of Defense clearances. Project Management Certification preferred.
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive financial package and an annual profit-sharing bonus. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that includes: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 401k plan with employer matching contributions; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); life insurance, supplemental life and AD&D insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal and holiday time.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.