Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Call Center OperatorArlington, MA
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art security call center in Arlington, Massachusetts.
***Please note this is not a security guard position – we are seeking candidates who have Call Center experience.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our current operators have joined us from high end retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
Compensation to start at up to $18.50 per hour or more commensurate with experience.
Our call center operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
*American Alarm is New England’s Trusted Security Company. We are a family-owned business with more than 250 employees in six locations. We offer extensive and ongoing industry training, a full benefits package and numerous incentive plans including profit sharing for employees.
American Alarm was founded in 1971 and provides a full range of security and life-safety systems for all classes of property, from single-family homes to businesses large and small, to major public and historic venues. The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful former military experience and call center associates. In short, if you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Please reference your desired Full-Time working hours – based upon days, evenings or nights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling. We run fixed shifts but will be flexible based upon your needs.
Customer Care RepresentativeArlington, MA
American Alarm and Communications is a family owned company, in business since 1971 and growing steadily. We take our mission seriously and we foster a supportive, family-like atmosphere to help our employees succeed. We are currently seeking a Customer Care Representative in our Arlington, Massachusetts location as follows:
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: to assure customer satisfaction by striving for the goal of responding to as many customer telephone inquiries as possible without transferring them to another person and representing the company’s products and services in a clear and positive manner to customers in accordance with American Alarm’s policy. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
- Handle incoming telephone inquiries, continuously improving one’s ability to offer customer immediate, accurate responses and resolutions thereby minimizing transferring of calls and putting customers on hold.
- Respond to customer inquiries and needs, as received by telephone, fax, email or in-person.
- Continuously cross-train and develop improved ability to fulfill customer requests of multiple types and build your skills in performing customer service functions in Central Station, Service Scheduling, and Accounting, including, but not limited to, putting systems “on-test”, changing emergency notification call lists, processing credit card payments, scheduling service calls, helping solve false alarm problems, and more.
- Follow through consistently on promises to customers.
- Make outbound customer calls when necessary and as directed, support sales and operations staff with customer-related fulfillment requests.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and company staff, be well organized and detail oriented, develop and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Maintain confidential information related to customer transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment, etc.
- Enthusiastically support the company’s efforts to measure service level quality.
- Document frequently asked questions and “best practice” responses for implementation in developing a company procedure manual with other team members. Procedure manual will aid in the training new and existing team members.
Position requires a versatile, enthusiastic and team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Touch-typing, headset must be worn while performing functions of this position, customer service, or call center experience is a plus.
Desirable education requirements: College Degree or equivalent work experience. Candidate should be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Prior experience at American Alarm with proven record of high productivity, quality, and attendance is preferred.
Systems DesignerRandolph, MA
American Alarm & Communications, Inc. (AACI), a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking a Fire Alarm System Designer to join our Advanced Signal team in Randolph, MA! Since 1971, we have been providing the best possible fire alarm technology and customer service to protect businesses across New England. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join our team!
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for working with Sales and Purchasing to assemble a bill of materials and labor estimate for each pending customer project. Accurately determine the necessary equipment quantities, pricing and labor needed to complete the job according to AACI’s standards and customer’s expectations. Create and maintain database to increase productivity and accuracy. Position requires the ability to be able to communicate effectively with management, office, technical staff and external customers.
- Provide sales with technical support on both a pre and post sales basis by assisting with system programming and design.
- Coordinate planning, designing, Fire alarm system equipment submittals and drawings
- Ensure that customer contract requirements are met.
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss projects, prepare documents
- Creates AutoCAD drawings, general equipment diagrams, and battery calculations
- Reviews and comments on customer’s drawings and calculations
- Monitors the status of the project to ensure design progress and documentation delivery is submitted according to schedule
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements
- Works to get answers through various channels and develop data necessary for various projects
- Visit customer locations for site audits and commissioning on occasion
- Work with the sales and technical team to interpret project specifications and drawings, determine system layout, and develop bill of materials to include appropriate amount of job-related labor to perform the project.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies
- Research and assist with computer applications for continuous process improvement as technology changes to increase productivity and accuracy of quotes
- Develop and maintain a database of commonly installed equipment/systems used for labor estimating and evaluation of actual vs. estimated labor utilization results or reports
- Promote a team environment
Position requires experience in battery calculations, voltage drop, sequence of operations, and knowledge of NFPA standards is required. Must have experience with reviewing bid documents for purposes of evaluating and preparing comprehensive bill of materials and scope of work descriptions. Position requires the ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date and able to effectively handle stressful situations and able shift priorities as necessary with a strong sense of urgency. Candidates must have proficiency in the use of computer applications including; Auto CAD LT or equivalent and various estimating software packages. Position requires excellent written and verbal communications skills must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized able to provide superior customer service skills to internal and external customers. Position requires ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Design Engineer Level I shall possess a two-year or 4 year electronics degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 2 years working experience in the fire alarm field with working knowledge of low voltage communications systems.
A minimum of NICET Level II Certification in fire alarm and a minimum of two years experience with CAD or similar work. Systems Technician Low Voltage “D” or Journeyman Electrician “B” License a plus. Knowledge of Notifier fire systems a plus.
Occasional travel to customer and vendor site is required.
We value our employees and all they do to help make American Alarm & Communications, Inc. successful. That’s why we offer programs and benefits that help our employees stay healthy, reach their financial goals, plan for their future and achieve work-life balance.
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
Alarm TechnicianWarwick, RI
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for Licensed Technicians!
Alarm TechniciansWeymouth, MA
If you see your future in the security and fire alarm systems industry, then please consider joining the American Alarm team today.
Branch Operations ManagerWarwick, RI
Operations Manager for Established and Growing Security Company
Electronic Alarms, Warwick, RI
A Division of American Alarm and Communications
This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing company and be rewarded with a significant salary and profit-sharing bonus.
Electronic Alarms, which is celebrating its 50th year in business, is seeking a team leader with excellent technical and interpersonal skills to manage branch operations in Warwick. We will soon be moving to a new and larger facility, right off I-95 in Warwick, making for an easy commute.
Electronic Alarms is a division of American Alarm and Communications. In this role, you will be a valued part of the parent company’s integrated management team. You will leverage advanced enterprise technology and business support systems. You will participate in company-wide initiatives and provide input for process improvements across all branches.
Branch Responsibilities: The branch operations manager will oversee all customer services at Electronic Alarms with a primary focus on quality of installations, tests, inspections and repairs performed at customer sites to ensure the highest standard of quality and safety and the realization of branch financial objectives. You will assign tasks and projects as necessary; review accuracy of completed paperwork and documents; establish and manage budgets for the branch and ensures that staff, costs and deployment are within budget. You will oversee the administration of performance reviews, corrective actions, and hiring of team members for the branch.
General Requirements: Applicants should have an electronics degree or equivalent combination of certifications and work experience in the security, life-safety systems or electronics fields. Previous management or supervisory experience is required. Applicants must have knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting and repairing intrusion, fire, access, and video systems including large or complex integrated systems.
Licenses and Certifications: Preferred applicants will have an ESNT Network Certificate, Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or System Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states and a valid driver’s license. Candidates must hold or be eligible for Massachusetts Public Safety and U.S. Department of Defense clearances. Project Management Certification preferred.
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive financial package and an annual profit-sharing bonus. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that includes: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 401k plan with employer matching contributions; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); life insurance, supplemental life and AD&D insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal and holiday time.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.