Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Security Operations Center OperatorArlington, MA
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art security call center in Arlington.
Please note this is not a security guard position.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our current operators have joined us from retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
***Compensation to start at up to $18.50 per hour or more commensurate with experience.
Our monitoring center operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
*About American Alarm & Communications, Inc.
*American Alarm is New England’s Trusted Security Company. We are a family-owned business with more than 250 employees in six locations. We offer extensive and ongoing industry training, a full benefits package and numerous incentive plans including profit sharing for employees.
American Alarm was founded in 1971 and provides a full range of security and life-safety systems for all classes of property, from single-family homes to businesses large and small, to major public and historic venues. The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful retail experience, call center associates, military (former or actively serving). In short, if you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Please reference your desired Full-Time working hours – based upon days, evenings or nights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling. We run fixed shifts but will be flexible based upon your needs.
Service TechnicianArlington, MA
$5,000.00 bonus for a qualified hire!!
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking a Advanced Systems Technician to join our team! Since 1971, we have been providing the best possible security technology and customer service to protect homes and businesses across New England. The Advanced Systems Technician is an integral part of the team! This Advanced Systems Technician opportunity is a vital role and requires a reliable professional with good judgment and strong technical skills. If that’s you and you’re ready to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join our team!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Has complete working knowledge of fire, access, and video systems. Also must have an advanced understanding of building, cabling, and fire codes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects all basic and complex commercial and residential burglar, fire, access, and video systems according to American Alarm specifications and protocols. Inspects the quality of work performed by others to ensure it meets company standards.
- Installs and services basic, integrated and complex commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access and video systems according to system specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Performs advanced, complex troubleshooting and repair functions for commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access and video systems such as: programming; debugging computer glitches; cleaning detectors; testing controls and peripheral devices; mounting, replacing and testing equipment according to specifications; running cable, bending pipes, etc.
- Instructs customers in intrusion, fire, access and video systems operation. Responds to customer questions and requests. Recommend corrective services to adjust customer complaints. Diffuses difficult and complex customer issues.
- Defines the scope of add-ons and change orders, seeks customer approval and writes up paperwork. Recommends ways to use additional features and capabilities of system installations. Performs site visits with sales consultants at existing or potential clients. Takes responsibility for project from first walk through to final sign off and hand offs to service.
- Maintains accurate records of all inspections/service calls and troubleshooting as required. Provides accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management. Completes as-builts. Uses Mobility Solutions e.g. for submitting service tickets or researching customer information.
- Oversees the work of Systems Apprentices and Technicians checking for quality, safety and accuracy. Provides feedback to Supervisors on Inspector and Apprentice performance. Acts as onsite project lead to meet project timelines and goals, and oversee lead technicians, technicians, apprentices, and subcontractors.
- Other duties as required by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience plus the completion of a vocational, technical or license training program.
- Continuous manufacturer’s specialized training.
- College Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting and repairing intrusion, fire, access, and video systems including large or complex integrated systems.
- General understanding of networks.
- Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or Systems Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states. F1 Boston Fire Department Alarm License. Valid Driver’s License.
- Job requires command of English language including reading, speaking, writing, and taking verbal instructions to clearly communicate and follow instructions. Touch typing a plus.
- Ability to provide direction with clarity.
- Ladder, company vehicle, hand tools, (i.e. screwdriver, drill, meters, telephone headset, soldering iron, pipe bender, hilti gun etc.) telephone, lift, calculator, laptop, tablet, smartphone. Must have a currently valid driver’s license and be 25 years old or have a clear driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, travel by car and fit into tight places.
- Must be able to respond to audible and visual signals indicating that the system is functioning properly.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Alarm & Communications, Inc. complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Integrated Systems Team LeadArlington, MA
If you are experienced with leading a team and great with customers, you can secure your career for the long-term at American Alarm & Communications.
Scheduling CoordinatorArlington, MA
American Alarm and Communications, Inc., a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to join our team! Since 1971, we have been providing the best possible security technology and customer service to protect homes and businesses across New England. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join our team!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for carrying out all company goals and objectives as it relates to this position. Incoming telephone calls from existing and future customers are among the most important calls to AACI. The primary function of this position is the ability to interact effectively with customers in accordance with AACI’s policy and be knowledgeable in all operations of different departments throughout the company. Duties include, but are not limited to the scheduling of new and existing installations, track installers’ time on the job, and interaction between all departments. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and needs, as received by telephone, fax, email or in-person.
- Inspect contracts.
- Contact clients to schedule jobs.
- Resolve any customer related installation inquiries.
- Interact between all departments to resolve installation issues.
- Schedule installers, create and update permanent schedule board and tentative schedule with the installation supervisors/technicians.
- Coordinate with the service department all installation inspections.
- Assist installation supervisors to utilize installation personnel to maximize profits, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Contact clients to verify job satisfaction.
- Confirm closeouts with sales staff.
- Reserve all parts at the start of job, work with the inventory clerk to order non-stocked equipment and verify equipment list upon completion.
- Daily review and update open jobs list.
- Submit completed jobs to accounting for invoicing.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and company staff, be well organized and detail oriented, develop and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Maintain confidential information related to customer transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment, etc.
- Enthusiastically support the company’s efforts to measure service level quality.
Position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with several years of customer service experience. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once.
Desirable education requirements: High school diploma or equivalent work experience. Candidate must be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.