Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Call Center OperatorsArlington, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for our overnight shift (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art Security Command Center in Arlington, Massachusetts.
***Please note this is not a security guard position – we are seeking candidates who have Call Center or Security Monitoring experience.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our Command Center Operators have joined us from high end retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
Full-time positions start at $20/per hour or more based upon your experience.
Our operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operators respond to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful former military experience. If you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Administrative Assistant – SalesArlington, MA
Sales Administrative Assistant Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibility of this position is to support sales. Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for carrying out all company goals and objectives as it relates to this position. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Administration 70%
• Responsible for supporting government bid process, including web management (CommBuys, OSD Vendor Report Management System, etc.…), finding bid opportunities and passing them to applicable reps, posting bids online, quarterly reporting, and other related tasks.
• Answer lead calls.
• Provide assistance with creating proposals and filling out Bid packages.
• Create quotes, check voicemail, check email and keep organized.
• Drafts financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested.
• Perform other support of field reps as required in order to maximize their efficiency e.g. coping contracts, filling out permit applications, status inquires, leads.
• Make outbound customer service calls when necessary and as directed.
• Assist with commission calculations and reports.
• Work together with other Sales Admin staff to support sales with a variety of responsibilities and to maintain support level during vacations and when it gets busy.
• Act as liaison between sales and other teams.
• Follow up with Sales Reps on assigned leads and incidents.
• Other assignments as deemed necessary.
Software Applications and Other Support 30%
• Responsible for day-to-day sales application support including helping with incident management, track issues through to resolution by maintaining a log for problem resolution, by initiating and tracking problem assignments to technical resources, vendors and by keeping the Sales Director and Marketing Manager updated on the status of problem resolution.
• Receive telephone calls and e-mails from sales reps having technical problems using computer software.
• Work consistently and quickly to resolve the cases they are qualified to handle.
• Coordinate and ensure successful implementation and support of sales applications, proactively identify, and troubleshoot performance issues, upgrades and functionality gaps.
Proven work experience as Sales Administrative Assistant as well as Associates Degree or equivalent work experience is required. Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office is required as well as a working understanding of sales performance metrics. Position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as customer service experience. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
To perform this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions. Professionalism– approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions. Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management directions; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps to commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Touch-typing, sales, customer service, or call center experience is a plus. Use of The Four Way Test in fulfilling your duties:
1. Is it the Truth?
2. Is it Fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
4. Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
The “Four Way Test” of the things we think, say or do, recommended by the Rotary International Foundation has served us well.
Scheduling SpecialistArlington, MA
We are looking for a Scheduling Specialist to join our team in our Arlington, Massachusetts Corporate Office.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Duties will include the scheduling of service and maintenance for customers, tracking time on the job and interaction between all departments. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
In addition, Scheduler will respond to customer inquiries and needs, contact clients to schedule jobs; resolve any customer related service inquiries; interact with ll departments to resolve service and maintenance issues and contact clients to verify job satisfaction.
Experience in a Scheduling/dispatching position is desirable. Position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with several years of customer service experience. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once.
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
Alarm TechniciansAuburn, MA
If you see your future in the security systems industry, then please consider joining the American Alarm team today.
American Alarm and Communications is a family owned company, in business since 1971 and growing steadily. We take our mission seriously and we foster a supportive, family-like atmosphere to help our employees succeed.
We are seeking talented technicians to work from our branch in Auburn, Massachusetts.
We offer a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for Licensed Technicians
Candidates must have: A Massachusetts Systems Technician “D” license or Journeyman “B” license, or the equivalent in other states. You will be proficient with residential and commercial security systems installation, programming and service, including but not limited to: Burglar Alarm Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Access Control Systems, Video Systems, Intercom Systems, and networking. You must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a company vehicle. Backgrounds checks are required.
Fire Alarm Design EngineerRandolph, MA
If you are an experienced fire alarm design engineer looking to make a great career move, then we want to hear from you today.
In business for more than 40 years and going strong, Advanced Signal Corp. is an authorized Engineered Systems Distributor for Notifier. We specialize in complex, enterprise fire alarm and life-safety systems.
This position is responsible for the layout and supervision of drafting fire alarm systems plans in accordance with NFPA codes, project specifications, and AHJ requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all associated jobs.
Manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project submittal deadlines. Provide sales team with technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis by assisting with system programming design specification and project oversight. Review bid specification packages and document scope of work and bid responses. Visit customer locations for site audits, commissioning and project oversight.
To apply you must have: A two-year or four-year engineering degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five years working experience in the electronics field with working knowledge of low voltage communications systems. NICET Level II Certification in fire alarm is preferred, though we will accept application for candidates who could achieve certification within six months of hire.
Ideal candidates will have manufacturer training, in-house training, and on-the-job experience with laying out supervision of and drafting fire alarm systems. Applicants should be proficient with support tools like AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Excel for general use and creating fire alarm design drawings and fire alarm submittal documents for permits.
Scheduling SpecialistArlington, MA
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for carrying out all company goals and objectives as it relates to this position. Incoming telephone calls from existing and future customers are among the most important calls to AACI. The primary function of this position is the ability to interact effectively with customers in accordance with AACI’s policy and be knowledgeable in all operations of different departments throughout the company. Duties include, but are not limited to the scheduling of new and existing installations, track installers’ time on the job, and interaction between all departments. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and needs, as received by telephone, fax, email or in-person.
- Inspect contracts.
- Contact clients to schedule jobs
- Resolve any customer-related installation inquiries.
- Interact between all departments to resolve installation issues.
- Schedule installers, create and update permanent schedule board, and tentative schedule with the installation supervisors/technicians.
- Coordinate with the service department all installation inspections
- Assist installation supervisors to utilize installation personnel to maximize profits, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Contact clients to verify job satisfaction.
- Confirm closeouts with sales staff
- Reserve all parts at the start of the job, work with the inventory clerk to order non-stocked equipment, and verify the equipment list upon completion.
- Daily review and update open jobs list
- Submit completed jobs to accounting for invoicing.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and company staff, be well organized and detail-oriented, develop and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Maintain confidential information related to customer transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment, etc.
- Enthusiastically support the company’s efforts to measure service level quality.
The position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with several years of customer service experience. Individuals must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once.
Desirable education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. The candidate must be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.