Click on a position below to view it's description and to submit your application.
Security Operations Center OperatorArlington, MA
If you want to feel good at the end of every shift, knowing you made a difference in people’s lives by protecting their homes and businesses, this job is for you. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service team players to provide life-safety and security alarm monitoring from our state-of-the-art security call center in Arlington.
Please note this is not a security guard position.
Successful candidates for this position will have superior customer service skills, data entry experience, strong verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and problem solve. Many of our current operators have joined us from retail positions or consumer call center positions and have had great success because of their transferable people skills.
***Compensation to start at up to $18.50 per hour or more commensurate with experience.
Our monitoring center operators are trained to evaluate and respond within seconds to any alarm, be it intrusion, fire, environmental hazards such as flooding, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, or a fault in a company’s business network. Operator response to emergency signals averages less than 20 seconds. Operators interface with local first-responders and law-enforcement officials to help facilitate emergency response and follow-up.
*About American Alarm & Communications, Inc.
*American Alarm is New England’s Trusted Security Company. We are a family-owned business with more than 250 employees in six locations. We offer extensive and ongoing industry training, a full benefits package and numerous incentive plans including profit sharing for employees.
American Alarm was founded in 1971 and provides a full range of security and life-safety systems for all classes of property, from single-family homes to businesses large and small, to major public and historic venues. The nerve-center of our operation is our newly expanded and enhanced Security Command Center in Arlington. This monitoring center been called a model for the industry and is attracting visitors from all over the world. U.L. listed and recognized by the U.S. Federal Government, it is equipped with the latest monitoring and communications technology and full remote disaster-proof redundancy.
We welcome applicants with successful retail experience, call center associates, military (former or actively serving). In short, if you have the desire to succeed and a commitment to customer service excellence, we have a future you can count on and a team that can help you get there.
Please reference your desired Full-Time working hours – based upon days, evenings or nights. Some shifts require weekend scheduling. We run fixed shifts but will be flexible based upon your needs.
Inside Sales SupervisorArlington, MA
Inside Sales and Customer Retention Supervisor
American Alarm and Communications, Arlington, MA
Are you a good team leader and people person? Do you have experience listening to customer’s concerns and solving problems so they remain customers? Are you interested in learning the security systems industry from within? Then please consider applying for this new supervisory position at American Alarm.
This working supervisor will oversee the daily workflow of the retention / inside sales team. You must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation. This is a hands-on supervisor role expected to help the team reach its goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer Lead Calls and be responsible for coverage of lead team
- Answer Retention Calls
- Oversee Inside Sales and Retention activities
- Assist in Inside Sales and Retention activities
- Assist with company acquisition projects as they come up
- Name Change Contracts
- Support sales activities by Inside Sales Rep
- Work with manager and Inside Sales Rep on strategies to mine existing customer base to target existing customers for upgrades and new services.
- Oversee hiring, firing, training, work load and problem resolution within the group
- Collaborate with company operations staff in a professional manner to ensure total customer satisfaction and that corporate standards and ethics are met.
- Establishes effective communications with appropriate executives and managers to ensure proper sensitivity to needs of the inside sales group.
- Any additional projects as directed by manager.
Education and Experience: This position requires a highly responsible, detail and team-oriented individual who can work closely with other people. The successful candidate will have strong computer skills, very strong organizational and customer service skills as well as a proven track record of handling numerous priorities at once. Three to five years of supervising an Inside Sales and/or Retention team is preferred. Must also be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook.
You must be comfortable working under the The Four Way Test (below) in fulfilling your duties:
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it Fair to all concerned?
- Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
- Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
The “Four Way Test” of the things we think, say or do, recommended by the Rotary International Foundation, is part of American Alarm’s core values and has served us well.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
About American Alarm
American Alarm and Communications is a family-owned security systems company, founded in 1971 and growing steadily. We are headquartered in Arlington, Massachusetts and have 270 employees at six offices in New England. For more information see: www.americanalarm.com
Alarm TechniciansArlington, MA
$5,000 Bonus for Eligible Applicants**
American Alarm and Communications, a leader in the security systems industry, is seeking Alarm Technicians to join our team in Arlington, Massachusetts!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for providing superior customer technical support to AACI installation staff and key accounts. Must be proficient at installing all of the systems that are in place in our customer base. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Communicates effectively with technical staff and external customers.
Security Systems Integrator
Alarm Technician professional highly proficient with systems; integrated knowledgeable in all of the following applications residential and commercial including but not limited to the following:
- Burglar Alarm Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Access Systems
- CCTV/Video Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Home Automation Systems
- New industry technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving/Consulting lead go-to person for AACI technicians
- Security Systems professional highly proficient with installing integrated systems.
- Monitors quality of installation work performed at customer site to ensure the highest quality standard and safety.
- Maintain accurate records of all installation jobs. Provide accurate, detailed and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Build and maintain working relations with the sales staff.
- Provide phone support for installation team.
- Assist Installation Manager in the ongoing training of new and existing installation technicians.
- Aid Field Supervisors with performance assessment and capability of technical staff.
- Assist in formulating policy, procedures and guidelines that would further the growth, development and professionalism of the installation department with a goal of superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Investigate troublesome accounts and advise the sales/customer service department of possible system upgrades.
- Must be able to speak knowledgably to customers and employees. Demonstrating proper business ethics to a high degree of customer service while confidentiality maintaining relationships with customers and employees.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling senior technician on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Massachusetts Electricians System Technician “D” license
- Massachusetts Public Safety “S” license
- Valid drivers license
- Manufacturing Certifications and/or training e.g. Pelco, Honeywell, Northern, Nexwatch, DSX, GE, etc. Networking Certifications e.g. MCSE, A+, CCNA, Network+ etc.
Industry Certifications e.g. NICET, EST, NTS/NBFAA, SIA, RCDD, and etc.
Receptionist/Administrative AssistantRandolph, MA
American Alarm & Communications, Inc. dba Advanced Signal Corporation, a trusted life-safety systems partner for engineers, architects, electrical contractors and facility managers across eastern New England is seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our team!
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: responsible for carrying out all company goals and objectives as it relates to this position. Incoming telephone calls from existing and future customers are among the most important calls to AACI/Advanced Signal. The primary function of this position is the ability to interact effectively with customers in accordance with AACI’s policy and be knowledgeable in all operations of different departments throughout the company. Duties include, but are not limited to the scheduling of Test and Inspections and service calls, answering incoming phone lines, tracking of technician paperwork, and interaction between all departments. Member must be able to work well with others while pursuing team goals for productivity and innovation.
- Scheduling of all Test and Inspection and Service calls. Review service reports and time cards for accuracy. Monitor service technicians for progress on job assigned in case reassignment is needed for emergency service calls.
- Follow up with Answering Service for messages every morning at 8:00 a.m. coordinate information with proper departments.
- Support Sales staff with administrative tasks.
- Respond to customer inquiries and needs, as received by telephone, fax, email or in-person.
- Contact clients to schedule jobs and resolve any customer related inquiries.
- Update and copy T & I reports for technicians and fire departments as necessary.
- Update address files.
- Requesting and follow through on Certificates of Insurance for new and existing customers.
- Order office supplies, printed forms and laboratory/janitorial supplies.
- Attend meetings as required and prepare technicians meeting minutes.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and company staff, be well organized and detail oriented, develop and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Maintain confidential information related to customer transactions, including pricing, problems with equipment, etc.
- Enthusiastically support the company’s efforts to measure service level quality.
- Other projects and duties as requested by management.
Position requires a team-oriented individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with several years of customer service experience. Individual must have a proven track record of taking initiative and handling numerous priorities at once.
Desirable education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Candidate must be highly proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k Plan with employer matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Personal and Holiday time
Branch Operations ManagerWeymouth, MA
We are seeking a team-leader with management experience, excellent technical and interpersonal skills, to manage our branch operations in Warwick, RI.
American Alarm and Communications is a comprehensive security systems and life-safety integration and monitoring company, founded in 1971 and growing steadily. This is a great opportunity to advance your management career.
The job: The branch operations manager will oversee all branch departments with a primary focus on quality of installations, tests, inspections and repairs performed at customer sites to ensure the highest standard of quality and safety and the realization of branch financial objectives. You will assign tasks and projects as necessary; review accuracy of completed paperwork and documents; establish and manage budgets for the branch and ensures that staff, costs and deployment are within budget. You will oversee the administration of performance reviews, corrective actions, and hiring of team members for the branch.
General Requirements: Applicants must have an electronics degree or equivalent work experience in the security, life-safety systems or electronics fields. Previous management or supervisory experience is required. Applicants must have knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting and repairing intrusion, fire, access, and video systems including large or complex integrated systems.
Licenses and Certifications: Preferred applicants will have an ESNT Network Certificate, Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or System Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states and a valid drivers license. Candidates must hold or be eligible for Massachusetts Public Safety and U.S. Department of Defense clearances. Project Management Certification preferred.
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive financial package and an annual profit-sharing bonus. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that includes: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 401k plan with employer matching contributions; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); life insurance, supplemental life and AD&D insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal and holiday time.
View our Employee Benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, American Alarm is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.