Five Things Businesses Can Learn From Championship Football Teams
With Sunday’s “Big Game” now history, we can draw some lessons to help us in everyday business. Perhaps the most important thing we can derive from the game is the importance of fielding great defense/security to protect our assets (or goal line, as the case may be).
Here are a few things that great football teams and great security teams have in common:
1. A defense tough enough to win:
As we saw last Sunday, defense wins championships. It just so happens that defense is our specialty. While you may not be defending the goal line, both a goal line and a home or office must have coordinated, hardened security as a backup. You probably aren’t going to hire some linebacker to block out criminals, but alarms and surveillance systems that summon first responders are the equivalent of a good defense.
2. Identifying the most important assets and protecting them adequately.
In the case of football, it’s obviously the football/goal line, then the quarterback, and so on. But what about your business? Access control can do a better job than any linebacker in keeping unwanted visitors out of your server rooms, offices, or other important rooms.
3. A solid gameplan.
Never rely on a “Hail Mary” pass. This tip goes hand in hand with a solid defense. Like any winning team, you need a strategy and plan of attack. As with a championship football team, you want your security team to have a plan. American Alarm’s experts have decades of combined experience creating security plans for homes and businesses of all kinds.
4. Looking at every scenario and adapting.
What goes hand-in-hand with a solid game plan? The ability to adapt to different scenarios. In football this means anticipating more than just one threat, whether it is the quarterback or running back. Likewise, burglar alarms are important, but it’s just one element of a complete plan. A smart game plan includes monitoring against fire, carbon monoxide and environmental hazards.
5. Having MVPs on your home team.
You want the right people on your local team. In this case, American Alarm has a team full of local experts. In football, we know we have the best home town team, and we expect the best from our security team. That’s where American Alarm comes in. We have a great lineup of professionals that live in the neighborhoods which we service, including an all-star installation team.
- Contact us today to learn more about protecting your business.
- Learn more about what business security means to us.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay informed about the latest security news and insight.
- Stay up to date on security topics such as home alarm systems, business security systems, video surveillance systems, IP video networks, remote video monitoring, fire alarm systems, and fire alarm inspection.