Invest in Home Peace of Mind
Planning to put your house on the market? Want to differentiate the property and build value for it in a practical, demonstrable way? Offer your buyers full security capabilities and extra peace of mind.
If you already have some sort of basic alarm system in place, consider upgrading it and implementing a cutting-edge, high tech and holistic surveillance/life safety solution. The safety of your property and loved ones is crucial. Anything you can do to enhance that protection will most likely appeal to future owners of your house.
5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Home Security Before Selling
Here are some of the many reasons to do a full security and surveillance system upgrade:
- Your existing solution may be outdated or inadequate to offer complete protection. Thieves are always seeking new ways to break into victims’ houses, such as cutting power and preventing a system from sending an alert (redundant communications can defeat that). Your existing solution may not have been designed with all the new challenges in mind. A modern system can give your prospective buyers even more incentive to do business with you.
- You can get a quick return on investment. A safe house in a safe neighborhood is a great draw for buyers, as a Realty Time blog notes. “That means pre-installed cameras, smoke detectors, and smart locks can be huge selling points. The more convenient and easy-to-use the security, the better.”
- You can protect the property environmentally. A full surveillance and monitoring system can include gas, fire, water, high/low temperature and other related detection capabilities. This means that even if the buyer isn’t worried about thieves, he or she may be concerned about environmental risks. These detectors can instantly alert homeowners to problems, even if the family is away on vacation.
- It protects your home in the here and now. The house on the market may be unoccupied, or you may be transitioning to a new location as you try to sell your existing property. Some thieves and vandals are attracted to a “For Sale” sign, as one Alarm.org blog notes. With shoppers and realtors going in and out of the house, you need to ensure there is an extra layer of protection against intruders trying to slip in undetected.
- It will result in an insurance discount, which you can pass on to the buyer. As the Realty Times blog states, a home monitoring system can save up to 20 percent on insurance premiums. Those reductions could mean hundreds of dollars of annual savings – something your buyer will like.
The more comprehensive the solution, the greater the value to potential buyers. You can also procure a 24/7 monitoring service to go with it, which your buyer can take over.
- Contact us today to learn more about protecting your business or home.
- Learn more about what home security means to us.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay informed about the latest security news and insight.
Stay up to date on security topics such as home alarm systems, business security systems, video surveillance systems, IP video networks, remote video monitoring, fire alarm systems, and fire alarm inspection.