Report: FA 10082017-1829 Multiple fire alarm signals were received from an apartment complex in Duxbury. Our Central Station operator alerted firefighters and called the residence to check on the occupants. Upon arrival, firefighters reported a resident was cooking and oil caught fire on the stove top. The resident then, mistakenly, tried to douse the oil fire with water which caused the hot oil to spread, causing further damage. The fire was contained to the kitchen but the building suffered water damage. No injuries reported.